Leisure Gas Tank Ford Transit Motorhome
- 2-3 working day delivery available
- 30.00 KGS
- £21.99 (Fixed Shipping Cost)
Underslung LPG Gas Tank Kit for Ford Transit Motorhomes
- Please be advised the product picture was placed for illustrative purposes only.
- All above tank sizes are suitable for Ford Transit.
The kit contains:
- Gas tank suitable for Ford Transit (Please choose the tank size)
- Round recessed box filling point - Filling point with housing (Please choose white/black/or on bracket)
- U-bracket kit to install your tank through the floor with the washers and bolts supplied
- Cut-to-length 3m polypipe filling hose
- Two-stage Cavagna motorhome grade regulator with the stainless steel pigtail
- Livello LED indicator, so you can see the level of the LPG inside of your motorhome
- 3-way gas manifold distribution block to split the gas between the appliances
- 5m of motorhome grade, PCV coated copper piping with the rubber coated clipses to secure it in place
- Hole saw with arbor 70mm for UK Bayonet Box
- Set of 3 European adaptors
What we offer is a complete kit that allows you to install the tank meeting all the regulations from COP306. Below you can find some optional choices for your set.
Red vapour tanks are perfect for long caravan trips as they hold a lot of gas while saving you precious space in the living area. The valves are packed with safety features, allowing you to travel through the Eurotunnel. Remote filling ensures that you won't be refused to refill gas - just like it very often happens with refillable bottles.
The number of different configurations is almost endless, this listing includes the most universal setup. If you are looking to upgrade your current configuration or seeking a custom solution, please send us an email with your requirements and photos.
There are few options for fillers, all of them come equipped with non-return valves and they are easy and safe to use.
1. Recessed round box UK filler
The most common style, round box requires a 70mm hole to be cut out. Two small indents prevent the box from spinning and secure it’s position. The depth of the box with 90° angled filler installed is 9cm.
2. Recessed round white box UK filler
Version with white cap.
3. Flat filler
Flat filler can be installed on body panel, it requires a 50mm hole to be cut out and 4 holes for securing bolts. The drilling template is supplied with the filler. The depth of 90° filler is 6cm. It comes with UK bayonet adapter.
4. UK filler on bracket
The filler can be installed underneath the vehicle on a metal bracket. It can be easily mounted to existing fixings. It comes with a square protection box.
Gas pressure regulator
Gas pressure inside of the tank is dependent on gas temperature, gas level and many other factors - this is why a regulator is necessary. Two stage regulator is a good solution on horizontal tanks for better pressure regulation. Also the second stage ensures that gas is evenly evaporated and no liquid gas is let into the system. The regulator can be mounted directly on the tank, the outlet is 8mm copper or 3/8 NPT" with the nipple removed. An option for remote in-line regulator is also available.
Crash protection unit enables heating while driving by integrated mechanical crash sensor, which blocks the gas passage in the event of an accident.
Gas distributor - manifold
Gas manifold can be mounted inside of the cabin, using 8mm copper feed pipe. It has quarter turn taps for easy devices isolation. Gas can be supplied from each side.
Filler hose, pipes
Filler hoses are made to length, that’s why you need to measure the distance from the filling point to the centre of tank very carefully.
8mm black PCV covered copper pipe is used for connection from the regulator to the devices / manifold.
Tanks come fully fitted with gas valves and aluminium airbox.
Valves box: gas tight box made of aluminium, with vents and clamps for 30mm hose.
- Output valve: manual knob, 1/4" NPT female thread with W21.8 LH adapter for regulator.
- Over pressure relief valve: calibrated to release gas if pressure level exceeds 27 bar.
- Level sender: magnetic with gauge, upgradable to remote indicator or bluetooth ultrasonic sender.
- Filling valve: 3/8" NPT input with male 3/4" UNF elbow for JIC 3/4" hoses, equipped with 80% cut off valve and non-return valve.
The tank can be fitted underneath the vehicle with cradle on top of the tank or inside of the cabin in sealed locker. Frame and straps are optional.
Tank plate should be installed at 105°, where 0° is the 12 o'clock position, valves pointing at between 3 and 4 o'clock.
- 80% cut off valve (OPD)- the filling valve prevents overfilling and shuts the inlet when 80% gas level is reached;
- over pressure relief valve (PRV) - in case of sudden pressure increase (over 27 bar) the excess gas is released to the environment;
- non-return valve - in case of physical damage of filler hose only the gas accumulated in the hose is released;
- two stage regulator - second stage ensures that no liquid gas is allowed to the system.
Remote level indicator
The tank comes with the level gauge as a standard, it can be upgraded to:
- Level sender with 9-LED Livello indicator.
European adaptors and accessories
- If you are going overseas for holiday you will need filling point adaptors. A set of 3 adaptors covering every country in Europe is available as an option.
- Quick release connector can be mounted outside of vehicle for i.e. BBQ burners
- Teflon PTFE tape and leak detector are always handy
The installation process is fairly easy, and the whole conversion process can be completed within just a few afternoons. Basic tools like drill bits, hole saws, spanners are required. We supply basic fittings including standard bolts, washers, clips for hoses, teflon tape and gas leak detectors. The tank kit is meant to be installed underneath the vehicle or in a ventilated locker; if you’d prefer to install it in the living area then some extra leak-proof hoses are obligatory.
Complete legal information is available here: https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/traveller-info/vehicles/fuel-types/
Red vapour tanks are allowed in Eurotunnel:
If travelling with a campervan, caravan or any other vehicle fitted with cooking facilities, any flammable gas container must be declared when asked and will be checked at the appropriate checkpoint by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle
Flammable gas containers may be transported with the following restrictions:
- For portable containers (cylinders/bottles, etc): Maximum of 47kg per cylinder and no more than 50kg per Vehicle if more than 1 container;
- For fixed containers (tanks): Maximum of 47kg per container and no more than 50kg per Vehicle if more than 1 container.
- Fixed containers must be no more than 80% full. The capacity of the container will be checked by Eurotunnel staff.
Options - to be selected
- optional mounting frame (cradle) with straps and bolts
- optional filling point with UK connector without hose
- hose and clips securing hose
- regulator with 4m of copper pipe and clips securing pipe
- manifold distributor
- remote level gauge - Bluetooth version for internal use only
- adapters for every country in Europe
- leak detector, teflon tape
Please carefully check space available - reserve 10mm for frame. Tank should be nicely secured on each end and leveled to prevent overfilling. Also, the tank cannot be the lowest point of the vehicle and it should be mounted away from exhaust pipes.
|Empty weight [kg]
|Full tank weight [kg]
Bigger sizes of the tanks are being installed on your own responsibility and cannot be returned. Customer needs to rely on his own measurements.